Wednesday, October 7, 2009

Dorm Room Wars- Part 1 -Listening to: Blueprint 3


Dorm life is not that bad! I was just trying to think of a grasping title. Its actually been alright lately, but I'll write more about that later.

Talk around NYC lately- Birthdays, oh my gosh, you wouldn't believe how many Libra's there are...I guess it kind of makes sense since Valentines day is about 8 months prior. It was my suitemates 18th birthday this past Sunday, also my mothers, grandmothers, brothers, 2 other classmates and not to mention I'm sure a bunch of my friends on Facebooks birthdays. Well, Happy Birthday (especially my family members)!

So, for the past week and a half my dorm has been working out some regular dorm problems: visitors, not visitors, washing dishes, cleaning in general, homework etc. And now that much of it has been worked out I noticed how proud my mother would be of me, I have truly become a master planner, and am truly my mothers daughter (daddy I love you too!). I planned a dorm meeting last week, which went pretty successful, we worked out and typed up some guidelines (cough*cough rules) as well as made a cleaning schedule. Then this week, while talking to my dad on the phone I typed up a "Visitor Guide" for my roommate, "C", so I would be able to go back to having one roommate rather than a adopted second roommate, C's boyfriend. Not to mention, yesterday, when it was my day to clean the dorm, after I finished I typed a list up of "How To Clean The Dorm", with a thorough outline of where, what, and how to clean. As I said, my mother would be proud---- The three typed "guidelines" are printed, somewhat color coded and taped to the door and cabinets and the cleaning schedule is written on our calendar.  I actually laughed a little while taping the lists up, because I know I have given my mom such a hard time for her list making and typing of everything, but what can I say. Happy Birthday Mom!

As for my dorm room, I have had actually privacy so far this week and its been amazing, although I wish I would be a little more productive with my time...I will work on it!

Funny dorm room story- The funniest thing happened last night, I know I have mention my roommate and her panda bears before, well last night guess what came in the mail!?

Yep, that humongous brand new panda bear, thank-you C's boyfriend. The medium one seemed big before yesterday, the new ones head is maybe a little more then 3 feet in diameter! They all live together in a box under her bed, because they are much to big to fit on the bed with her.

Well I really can't complain.

Fashion (this picture is actually from tis weekend)... Wearing- light blue sweater with pearl and sequined collar  ( $6 Sal, Army), black t-shirt (free- garbage dove for it last week, YES its washed), legging jeans ($20 Forever21), black platform heels ($30 Barefeetshoes), and jewelry of course.

"Don't spend time beating on a wall, hoping to transform it into a door."
-CoCo Chanel


Analyze that.    [find a door instead]

Hello My Name Is: Ms. Organization! (Jocelyn)

1 comment: