Thursday, September 17, 2009

Rain, Listening To: Kid Cudi "A Kid Named Kudi"

Cloudy in NYC today, you'd be surprised how even in a city like this, with so many people, it still gets pretty quiet on cold rainy days. I finished class at 11:20ish and walked back to my dorm, and am enjoying a little piece of mind at the moment: only person here.

Roommate story- My roommate, who I will refer to as "C", is from Cali. She is really sweet, as well as smart, determined, clean, on-top of her work, you know all of the good roommate qualities =] I'm very lucky! But, of course, everyones a little quirky---> her and her boyfriend have these panda stuffed animals, I almost feel as though i should capitalize panda because they are basically their children. And her boyfriend visits everyday, because he is also attending college in "the big city", and they talk to these pandas like they are babies. So cute & hilarious! I dont think I can say much more on this topic, besides, imagine these too, literally speaking in baby voices to these panda stuffed animals, 24/7, (I think I'm starting to speak like them a little) hahahha! I love C!

Fashion- Again had trouble getting dressed presentably today, although I did sleep amazingly compared to prior nights (thank-you room divider!) Wearing: cashmere sweater (grandmother hand-me-down =] ), jeans (less than $20, from somewhere), black boots (they aren't actually as shiny as they look. eternity fashion $cheap), little black bag ( $5 Sal Arm), & jewelry.

Pictures of my new ROOM DIVIDER (...I know I'm too excited about this...)-










Yay!

Thought- Urban environments (cities) seem to come up with characteristics either of fear, danger or excitement. The idea of cities being dangerous places started all the way back when cities started growing and being the main hubs of so much of what America is... it's the fear of the new. There was this rise of large masses of people moving out of small towns to huge cities. There were deaths happening that weren't just from old age, rather they were people getting hit by trains, trolley-cars, and people dying in tenement housing. So early on cities were "tagged" with this idea of danger and peril. People became over stimulated with this danger, it was in their everyday lives and they read it in the news... Then they watched it in film, now we see it in everything: movies, music, everyday, news, advertising and tv. People seem to have been so overstimulated by these emotions that they've become normal. What do you think?

Hello My Name Is: Freshmen (Jocelyn)

No comments:

Post a Comment