Thursday, November 19, 2009

Day 2


I truthfully don't want this to become a sad entry each day, and I apologize for the lack of a smile in my picture. I have been smiling. Yesterday was difficult, a part of my looks at his picture and still doesn't believe. I still have my memories of him, they do not disappear.


People say "deaths come in three." A saying that really scared me, because thats the last thing you want to think about. This week has been weird, but I do see the "three." Tuesday, in class we watched a film on 9/11, then Derek, then Wednesday it was a documentary on "Jonestown" and Jim Jones. Those were the three deaths, all in the past. Its weird how chance works out sometimes.


So, in times like this, I shop. Just like the economy wants me to do. Its interesting because I read that shopping actually gives off endorphins, so maybe it really a addiction. Luckily, I am a thrifty shopper. Recently I got a D&G jean jacket for $7 !!! Yep, it still had the hologram on it and everything.  I should be getting a G-Shock watch I ordered in the mail any day now as well as a pair of Jessica Simpson tights  and some American Apparel Tricot Leggings, in black though. 


Of course I bargain hunted all of these things, because its not like in a state of sorrow I suddenly have money, unfortunately. 


Oh! If you didn't notice, I got my nose pierced this past weekend. Its been kind of a nuisance, I didn't realize how much I love blowing my nose, and how difficult it is now.


----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------





The random musings of Asha Kati


You haven't met her yet, but her name is Asha Kati. She is 18 and going to college in Chicago. And she's one of my best friends. She is a mini fashionista, I say mini because of her height.    [ =   She misses me a lot! And I can't wait to see her over Thanksgiving break. 
Well maybe I'll interview her later but here are her musings for today:


Things that go with cigarettes*:




 *I have based my list on the people I see walking down the street, people on TV, in books, movies, and the people I know personally.

1.       Coffee
2.       Sushi
3.       Sex
4.       Thick rimmed glasses
5.       Red lipstick
6.       Lunch
7.       Coughing
8.       Pleasure
9.       Bad breath
10.   Silence
11.   Cancer
12.    Parks
13.    Self loathing
14      Silver
1.       Sidewalks
16.   Stress
17.   Boredom
18.   Parties
19.   Curiousity
20.   Dirt
21.   Addiction
22.   Donuts
23.   Fingers
24.   Doorways
25.   Artists
26.   Alcohol
27.   Lounges
28.   Non-smokers
29.   Writers
30.   Hallways
31.   Cool
32.   Cardigans
33.   Musicians
34.   Books
35.   Alleys
36.   Stairs
37.   Photography
38.   Fashion
39.   Red bull
40.   Everything



& cancer [I'd like to add]





Hello My Name Is: Coping [not smoking]

No comments:

Post a Comment