Sunday, November 22, 2009

Listening to A Tribe Called Quest [5]


Last night I went to a party in Alphabet City, 
didn't know anyone and ended up laying on the roof with my two friends, 
it was freezing, 
but beautiful. 
We got cold pretty fast and decided to leave 
and then went on a mad hunt for a place that would sell a burrito.
I was having the biggest craving!
We walked all over, 
by now it was after 12 am, which I personally thought was early, 
but I guess the burrito places felt differently. 
We gave up around 1 am and freezing cold went back to our dorm.


We put some pajamas on and a sqeeeezed into one bed and watch "The Proposal." 
It was pretty tight but actually fun. 
I feel like being that close (literally), 
shows how close we are really becoming, sorry if that was confusing.


I noticed a similar feeling the other day when I had to take the 4 train at rush hour to Brooklyn.
It was packed, but in NYC for me even packed places feel divided. 
It was a different feeling on this train, it was packed and people actually felt more "together." 
I can't really describe it. 
I guess in a way the train was so packed 
that not everyone was able to hold onto something 
so people were kind of leaning on each other. 
To lean on someone else, to me, 
feels in a way like you are depending on them, 
and in NYC depending on a random person, for any reason, 
just doesn't happen. 
At that time it felt like it did.


Just my thought.


So, I woke up a little while ago, after falling asleep a little after 3 am. 
I've been listening to A Tribe Called Quest all morning. 
Plan on starting some homework soon. 
Thanksgiving is around the corner and I haven't been home for a month (which is HUGE). 
I'll be home Tuesday!


Wearing- Grey Tights (?), Floral Skirt (Express $5), White V-Neck T-Shirt($1-2?), Tan Jacket (Giorgio Armani $7.50), Belt (Came with a dress).


I was watching A Tribe Called Quest videos on Youtube and came across this video. 
I love ATCQ and Kid Cudi but I'm not sure how I feel about this video. 
I like it but I feel like they really changed the whole meaning of the song. 
What do you think?






Hello My Name Is: Buggin' Out

2 comments:

  1. you gotta reformat the text homie. its getting cut off. idk why but the words are stretching reeeallllly far over instead of stopping and going to a new line.


    i love watching movies tight in bed with friends. and restaurants close dumb early here. i love chicago but i wanna be able to get some panera after 9 please and thank you

    ReplyDelete